1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on what areas of the Services you use, we obtain different types of personal information from or about you. Our Services are available to prospective employers (each an “Employer”) and to talent who may be seeking employment, who may be of interest to Employers or who register for or participate in our events and other Services (each a “Candidate”). We primarily obtain personal information about Candidates. In addition, we obtain certain personal information about Employers’ representatives who use the Services to find or hire Candidates. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Site or effectively use the Services without providing your personal information.
1.1 Basic Account Information.
When you register for the Site or interact with our Services as a Candidate or Employer, we will ask you to provide your name and email address or to sign up using an existing social media account. If you sign up through a social media account, we will receive information from that account, including (but not limited to) your name, photo, job information and email address associated with that account.
1.2 Candidates Profile Information.
If you are registering as a Candidate, we may ask for information such as your phone number, Skype ID, photo, work history, educational background, location, biographical information and skills. Candidates may also volunteer other information.
If you are registering as an Employer, we ask for an Employer’s representative phone number and job title in addition to the company name and size.
1.4 Contact Us.
If you choose to contact us through our Site, including through our chat box, we may obtain your name, company name, phone number, email address and any other information you choose to submit to us.
1.5 Payment Information.
https://stripe.com/us/privacy. We also may obtain your bank account number and routing number in order to make payments to your account.
1.6 Cookies and Other Automated Means.
1.7 Other Information.
In addition, we may receive information about you, such as gender, public business profile photos, business contact information, and other employment-relevant details, from public business bio pages, LinkedIn, or business data providers, which we may combine with other information we have about you.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we obtain for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- provide the Services, including creating and managing your Acorn Site account and connecting you with a potential Employer
- send you transactional communications (such as account confirmations and notifications) or promotional and marketing communications
- respond to your inquiries or requests
- communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- handle billing
- enable you to post on our blog and interact with Acorn through social media
- improve our Services, and generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Services
- support our business operations and perform accounting, auditing and other internal functions
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may aggregate the personal information we collect through the Site and in connection with our Services (the “Aggregated Data”) and use it for any and all purposes. We also may augment such Aggregated Data with data we obtain from other sources and use it for any purposes.
advertising. In addition, it helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, click here.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information about you:
- if you are a Candidate, with Employers who may have job opportunities available or interest in placing job candidates, or with other Candidates who use the Services
- with service providers, including our cloud storage provider, payment processor or chat software provider
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations
- to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
In addition, we may share Aggregated Data with third parties for any and all purposes.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING BUSINESS DATA
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to use or disclose your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal information is to meet our contractual obligations to Candidates or other individuals, or to take steps at their request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal information on the basis of consent.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Facilitating useful connections between Employers and Candidates
- Providing customer service
- Engaging in marketing
- Protecting our customers, personnel and property
- Analyzing and improving our business
- Managing legal issues
- We may also process personal information for the legitimate recruiting interests of Employers.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA
The Site includes social media functions, such as LinkedIn Sign In features, and widgets. These functions and widgets may collect information about you, including the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. Your interactions with the social media platforms, including any functions and widgets they provide, are governed by the privacy policies of the relevant social media companies. We suggest that you review their privacy policies. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media site or other third-party service that you choose to use in connection with this Site or our services.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, APPS OR SERVICES
This Site may contain links to other websites, apps or other online services for your convenience and information. These websites, apps and services may be operated by companies not affiliated with Acorn. Linked websites, apps or services may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content and data handling practices of any third party websites, apps or services.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You can change your Candidate profile information at any time by editing your profile or the content that you have posted. Controls related to cookies and other automated data collection are described in the Use of Personal Information section above.
Residents of the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. In limited cases, they have the right to receive information we hold about them in portable form and to have it transmitted to a third party. They also have rights to object to our handling of their personal information, to restrict its processing, and to withdraw any consent they have provided.
For example, individuals have a right to opt out of our processing of personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Many of the rights described above are subject to significant limitations and exceptions under the applicable law. For example, objections to the processing of personal information, and withdrawals of consent, typically will not have retroactive effect. Individuals also have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, but we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our best to resolve any concern.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information collected through this Site. But, no method of data transmission over the Internet or data storage is 100% secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. NON-U.S. VISITORS AND USERS
11. AGE RESTRICTIONS
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16, and no part of the Services are designed to attract anyone under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as indicated below.
13. CONTACT US